Law Offices of

Bernard C. Dietz, PC

Blog Home About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions
Business Services
Virginia Biz Law Blog
Form a Virginia LLC
Form a Virginia corporation
Form a Benefit Corporation
Registered Agent Services
Buying & Selling a Biz

Information box
Contact me today to discuss how I can help your business succeed.  I can be reached by telephone - 804-290-7990 - or email -

  • Blogroll


    Archive for January, 2016

    Posted by Bernie Dietz
    Categories: FAQ

    Has the name of your company changed? Or perhaps you have signed a lease for new office space and have a new address? Whatever the reason, often you will need to update the State of Virginia on changes to your business. Primarily, this means notifying the State Corporation Commission and the Virginia Department of Taxation. So how is this done?

    To notify the Virginia Department of Taxation of changes to your company name, address, or other things, you can update your online account or file Form R-3 –

    To notify the State Corporation Commission of changes to your address, the process depends on whether you are operating as a corporation or an LLC. For corporation, you can update your principal office address on your annual report form. Don’t want to wait until it’s time for your annual report? Request an annual report form directly from the State Corporation Commission and file it, regardless of timing.

    If you’re operating as an LLC, you can file a Statement of Change of Principal Office address through the SCC eFile system or request the form and file by mail.

    Posted: January 4th, 2016 at 4:49 pm | | Email Post |
    Help others find this article at:

    You are currently browsing the Virginia Business Law Blog weblog archives for January, 2016.


  • Categories

  • Monthly Archives


    Law Offices of      Bernard C. Dietz, PC

    Send us an or call us today

    "Bernie Dietz has been my business advisor since 1999. I don't negotiate or even consider a deal without his advice and guidance. He writes all my contracts. Bernie keeps me away from bad deals, and he helps shape every deal so it's profitable... [more]

    Nick Corcodilos"

    Registered Agent
    Need a Registered Agent?  Have a Virginia lawyer serve as your registered agent. We offer services for foreign and domestic companies in Virginia - click here for more info
    Copyright 2007-18 Bernard C. Dietz, PC. All rights reserved

    DISCLOSURE: The information obtained in this website is for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Each legal issue is different and the information contained on this website may not apply to your case. No attorney-client relationship is formed by reading this website or by sending email to The Law Office of Bernard C. Dietz, PC.